Monday, January 5, 2015

Keeping Track of Dishes I've Cooked

I maintain a database that catalogs all the dishes I've prepared. It helps me to quickly identify the tastiest entrees, sides, desserts, etc. 
It also helps me prepare special-purpose menus; e.g. a Tuscan menu or New Orleans menu. I list those I've served the dishes to so that I don't repeat the same dishes to specific guests.

The database contains the following fields:
- Name of the dish
- Foreign name for the dish (if it's a foreign dish)
- Type of dish - salad, dessert, etc.
- Taste results - Ex (Excellent), VG (Very Good), etc. I normally only repeat the excellent ones
- Level of difficulty
- Country of origin
- Comment - items such as city of origin; e.g., New Orleans, description; e.g., very rich
- Source of the recipe
- People to whom I've served the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment