http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Chicken-with-Creamy-Jalapeno-Sauce. I'll make it again. It was posted by Molly Cappone of Cleveland. The recipe was created by her sister.
This version serves 4
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Add the onions, broth, jalapenos and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir cream cheese and sour cream into onion mixture until blended.
- Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Serve with chicken and rice.
- Yield: 4 servings (2 cups sauce).