Saturday, January 17, 2015

Chicken, Zucchini, Garlic Stir Fry Recipe - Used for Leftover Roast Chicken

The other day, I was looking for an easy recipe to use a half a leftover, precooked, Publix lemon pepper roast chicken. I also wanted to include zucchini. I found this delicious recipe on food.com (http://www.food.com/recipe/garlic-chicken-zucchini-stir-fry-95383). It is called a stir fry recipe even though the directions call for it to be cooked in a sauce pan. 

The recipe sounded to me like it had too much garlic, but I followed the directions, and the taste was just right.

I served it over Near East brand Couscous Roast Garlic and Olive Oil, which I purchased at Publix. 

Ingredients

- 1 boneless chicken breast (I used the half a leftover chicken, with breast and thigh), cut into 1/2" pieces
- 8-10 cloves of garlic, slice in half lengthwise. (I used small cloves)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini sliced into 1/4" rounds, and rounds then cut in half
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth

Directions
- Heat oil in small to medium sauce pan (I used medium)
- Salt and pepper chicken to taste, then add put all ingredients in saucepan (Since I was using precooked chicken, I added the chicken later, as described below.)
- Bring to slight boil
- I let the items in the pan cook for 5 minutes, and then added the chicken. I then let all the items cook for an additional 5 minutes. That worked perfectly.
- Remove from heat when chicken is no longer pink, and zucchini is tender, but crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment