Monday, January 5, 2015

Delicious and Easy Chicken Breast Recipe

This chicken breast recipe from Food.com is really easy to make and very tasty. (http://www.food.com/recipe/melt-in-your-mouth-chicken-breasts-37336) The recipe I used is a variant based on one of the reviews I read. Many reviewers praised this variant. 

The variant involves wrapping the breasts individually in aluminum foil. That reduces cooking time from 45 minutes to 30 minutes and keeps the chicken breasts very moist. That reviewer also suggested adding a teaspoon of whole grain mustard to the sauce. I meant to do that, but forgot. I'll try it next time.

I also made a change of my own. After cooking, I sprinkled some French's cooked French fried onion rings on top. That was good, but the recipe would have been terrific either way.

The recipe below produces four servings. Since there were only two of us, I cut the amount of all ingredients in half.

Ingredients

4 boneless chicken breast halves.
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 & 1/2 teaspoons of seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees 
2. Mix mayonnaise, cheese, and seasonings.
3. Spread mixture over chicken breasts.
4. Wrap each chicken breast separately in aluminum foil.
5. Cook for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment