Friday, June 24, 2016

Tahini, Lemon, Garlic Salad Dressing

I figured that a salad dressing that combined tahini sauce, lemon juice, and garlic could be very tasty, so I did an Internet search and found a number of possibilities. The one I chose was really nice and easy to make. It has a very Middle Eastern taste. This one will make 4 to 6 servings. I found it as part of a kale salad recipe, but I used it with romaine lettuce instead. I found the recipe at Minimalist Baker (http://minimalistbaker.com/white-bean-kale-salad-with-tahini-dressing/)

Ingredients

- 1/3 cup tahini (as I have mentioned in another posting, tahini, which is a sesame spread and which is an ingredient in hummus, can be found at supermarkets like Publix, at Middle Eastern stores, on Amazon, etc.)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3-4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (I had a large lemon, which yielded 4 tablespoons. A small lemon might yield 2 tablespoons)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (I used about 1 & 1/2 tbsp.)
- 1 pinch salt & 1 pinch pepper

Directions

Add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl and whisk. Then add hot water to thin until pourable. (I ended up using about half a cup of hot tap water.) Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment