Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Savor Sarasota at Selva Grill

A couple of nights ago, my wife, our daughter, and I enjoyed a delicious Savor Sarasota dinner at Sarasota's Selva Grill (http://www.selvagrill.com/), which was established by renowned Chef Darwin Santa Maria a number of years ago, but has since changed hands.

We have eaten here a number of times over the years, and have always enjoyed it.

My wife and I started with the Maya Ceviche - a shrimp ceviche marinated in orange, lime juice, and achiote, and tossed with avocado, tomato, red onion, and Cusco corn. It was fantastic.

My wife's main dish was the same main dish she and our daughter always order here - skirt steak over sweet plantains, beet relish, and Selva's chimichurri. I ordered Salmon Chileno - Chilean salmon with jumbo lump crab and manchego topping, and served with jasmine rice and bell pepper. It was finished with mango beurre monte. It was terrific.

My wife and I both had chocolate mousse for dessert. It was very nice.

We also enjoyed our wine, which was a 2012 Chento Malbec from the Mendoza Valley of Argentina for $56.

Another great experience at Selva Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment