Thursday, June 30, 2016

Delicious and Easy Spaghetti-Shaped Veggies - Zucchini

Last night, I used a simple, hand-held spiralizer, to transform a zucchini into spaghetti-shaped strands that made a terrific and easy side dish. The brand of spiralizer that I used was a "Veggetti," which I had been given as a gift. It took a couple of minutes to make these "noodles." I then sauteed them in a skillet with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat for 7 minutes. I sprinkled them with salt and pepper and drizzled a high-quality, Persian-lime, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (from Katy Rose Oilery in Lakewood Ranch) over the top. One decent-size zucchini made two servings.



These spiralizers can be used on a variety of vegetables to make salads, stir fries, potato pancakes, etc.

The hand-held version can be purchased for about $10 at Walmart or Amazon. The table-top version is about twice as much. There are other brands as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment