Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Superb Savor Sarasota Dinner at Off the Hook Seafood Co.

My wife and I recently joined a couple of friends for a delightful Savor Sarasota dinner at Off the Hook Seafood Co. (http://www.gulfgate.biz/GatewayAvenue/OffTheHookSeafoodCo.aspx) in the Gulf Gate area of Sarasota. It was terrific. The menu selections were creative and varied, the food was superb, and the service was outstanding. Like all Savor Sarasota dinners, the price was $29 for three (and sometimes four) courses.

My wife started with an appetizer of shrimp and grits, with Rockefeller sauce and fried oysters. My appetizer was a crab roll with lump crab and drawn butter on a toasted New England roll. Both were delicious and the portions larger than expected for an appetizer.

My wife's main dish was Grouper Piccata and mine was Golden Tile Fish with asparagus, artichoke, tomato, and lemon butter. Both were perfectly done.

My wife's dessert was flour-less chocolate cake and mine was warm bread pudding. Both were wonderful.

They also offered specials on many of the wines in their wine list. I chose a bottle of Predator Zinfandel. The normal price per bottle was $32, and the special price was $19. We both enjoyed it.

The service was great - very customer focused.

We will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment