Thursday, June 9, 2016

Stottlemyer's Smokehouse - Delicious BBQ in Sarasota

Yesterday, I had a delicious BBQ lunch at Stottlemyer's Smokehouse (http://www.stottlemyerssmokehouse.com/) with a group of friends. In addition, my wife and I had a nice takeout dinner.

For lunch, I had beef brisket, which had been smoked for 14 hours. I had the 8 oz. version for $12.75, with two sides. The brisket was tasty, but did have significant fat that I had to trim off. The sides were out of this world. One was the smokehouse baked beans and the other was the sweet vinegar coleslaw.

My wife's takeout meal was the Smokehouse Ribs for $14.95 and mine was a pulled pork sandwich with fries for $8.95. My wife enjoyed the ribs and I loved the pulled pork.

At lunch, one of my friends had a Caesar salad, which he did not enjoy.

Our server, Jennifer, was terrific.

Stottlemyer's is under roof, but without walls. 

Stottlemyer's is located on the southeast side of the intersection of Fruitville and East Rd. 1 mile east of I-75. It is collocated with a gas station. Parking is best behind Stottlemyer's.

The map on the "Find Us" page of Stottlemyer's web site shows an incorrect location. It shows Stottlemyer's as being inside the Sun n Fun Resort. I pointed that out to our server.

No comments:

Post a Comment