Friday, December 14, 2018

Restaurant R'evolution, New Orleans - "Imaginative Reinterpretations of Creole Cuisine"


At Restaurant R’evolution (http://www.revolutionnola.com/), award-winning chefs, John Folse and Rick Tramonto offer their "imaginative reinterpretations of classic Creole cuisine.” They do a superb job. I loved the dinner I had there. The restaurant is located at 777 Bienville St. in the French Quarter.

I started with a terrific appetizer of four beer-battered beignets, each with a different remoulade - saffron, salsa verde, red pepper, English white, and a small side vegetable mix for $16.

My main course was Seared Sea Scallops with foie gras over truffle white bean puree, bacon vinaigrette, with celery salad. The scallops were very large, and the celery salad was small. The dish was very tasty, but not incredible. The price was $43.

The wine I chose was a glass of 2016 Valveran Sonoma County Zinfandel for $12. It was very nice and the pour was generous.

For dessert, I had Creole cheese bread pudding crème brûlée with blueberries and lemon almond crunch for $13. It was great.

For my dessert drink, I asked my server if the bartender could modify their R'ev Nog dessert drink, and replace the Crème de Menthe with Calvados.  She agreed to my request. The other ingredients in the drink were Caneland red stick rum, Simple syrup, egg white, and cream. The modified drink was delicious and cost $14, the same as the version with Crème de Menthe.

I sat at a high top table in the bar area because the restaurant was full.

The atmosphere was very nice; and Alex, my server, was knowledgeable, professional, and friendly.

The atmosphere was very pleasant. It is justifiably on the pricey side. Reservations are essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment