Friday, December 14, 2018

Café Fleur-de-Lis, New Orleans - A Great Breakfast Spot


Café Fleur-de-lis (http://www.cafefleurdelis.com/) at 307 Chartres St. in the French Quarter of New Orleans is a great spot for breakfast or lunch. I ate breakfast there twice, and loved both meals.

The first time, I had Seafood Benedict with Crab & Crawfish cakes and poached eggs over biscuit with a slightly spicy hollandaise sauce, tomato, and plain grits. The café also offered cheese grits or hash browns with this dish. It was really, really good. The cost was $14. The regular coffee, for $3.25, was nice.

Ron, the server, was excellent. Even, though there was a wait for a table, I never felt rushed.

The second time,  I enjoyed Eggs Benedict - poached eggs over Canadian bacon, and toasted muffin, with a slightly spicy hollandaise sauce, and a side of grits for $11.

This time I had a fantastic Cappucino for $4.50. (I wished I'd ordered that the first time.)

The server the second time was Lauren, who was also very nice.  (I did make the mistake of accepting a table next to the front door, so I got a small blast of cold air every time someone walked in.)

The first time, I used a Yelp app to get on their wait list, so by the time I walked over from my hotel, my table was waiting. I did hear the host say that the wait can be up to an hour. The second time, the Yelp app showed there was no wait - probably because it was later in the breakfast window.)

(Locals pronounce the street name "Charter.")

No comments:

Post a Comment