Sunday, June 7, 2015

Lolita Tartine - A Terrific Savor Sarasota Dinner

My wife and I have dined at Lolita Tartine twice (both times with friends), and have loved our meals on both occasions. The first time is described in my June 2015 below. The second time was in early January of this year. The most recent visit was close to a repeat of the first. We repeated the incredible Lamb Tajine, and were equally delighted.

First posting:
My wife and I look forward to the first 2 weeks of June every year, when a number of local restaurants participate in Savor Sarasota. The restaurants offer 3-course lunches for $15 and 3-course dinners for $29. The restaurants and menus are all listed at the Savor Sarasota web site (http://www.savorsarasota.com/) (Not all of the restaurants offer lunch because they are not open during the lunch hours.)

Last night, we joined two other couples for dinner at Lolita Tartine (http://lolitatartine.com/LOLITA/index.html) a French restaurant, which is operated by the owners of Sarasota's C'est la Vie Restaurant.

We all loved our meals. Every bite of mine was terrific.

My wife started with a wonderful appetizer of fresh asparagus, bacon, field greens, pine nuts, and parmesan. Her main course was lamb tajine. The lamb was tender and the sauce was superb. For dessert, she enjoyed apple tart with vanilla ice cream.

My appetizer was a mouth-watering tartine (open-faced sandwich) of salmon and tsatsiki sauce on rye. I also had the incredible lamb tajine. My dessert was a pear and almond tart.

The wine I chose was a nice Pinot Noir from Provence, and my wife had a glass of Piccolo Tesoro Pinot Grigio from the Veneto.

Lolita Tartine is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All of their menus and their wine list are available at their web site.

The service was professional and friendly.

It's hard to beat combining an evening with terrific friends and wonderful food.

A bientôt, mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment