Saturday, February 23, 2013

Wines of the Langhe & Roero

My wife and I really enjoy the wines of the Langhe and Roero, and also had a wonderful visit to the area with friends. Consequently, I decided to do some research on the area and present wines of the Langhe and Roero to members of our wine club. I would like to have included the wines of the Monferrato, but that would have been too much for one evening.

The wines we tasted were accompanied by home baked bread and by the following tasty cheeses: taleggio, fontina fontal, gorgonzola, montegrappa, and brie. It might have been nice to include other cheeses from the area, but they are not available here.

Below are the PowerPoint slides if used for my presentation. I created some of the slides myself, used some images from the internet, and used copies of two postcards from our trip to the area. Whenever I used internet images, I gave credit to the appropriate site.


One particularly valuable resource I used was the web pages of the Consorzio di Tutela Barolo Barbaresco Alba Langhe e Roero (Consortium for Guarantee Barolo, Barbaresco, Alba, Langhe, and Roero - an organization dedicated to overseeing and promoting the wines of the Langhe and Roero http://www.langhevini.it/welcome_eng.lasso- ). 

(The Director of the consortium advised me that the Consortium will host a 3-day promotion event for the Langhe and Roero wines. The event will take place May 5-7 in the Langhe and Roero and includes visits to wineries and vineyards. It is for wine professionals.)

I am also grateful for the assistance I received from a representative of the Michele Chiarlo winery.



























No comments:

Post a Comment