Friday, August 5, 2011

Cafe Amici - A Pleasant Dinner with Wonderful Friends

The night before last, we joined two other couples who are friends for a delicious dinner at Cafe Amici (http://www.cafeamicisrq.com/home) on Main Street in Sarasota. Are friends are always great dinner companions and the dinner was delicious.


Like many other Sarasota restaurants, Cafe Amici has a great summer special. In this case, a three-course dinner for two, including wine, is $49.95. My wife and I had the special.


We were served an amuse-bouche of tomato bruschetta, which was very nice. In fact, I could have dined on just bruschetta.


The first course was a choice from three salads. My wife chose a caesar salad. I don't remember which salad I chose.


For an entrée, one could choose from any entrée or pasta on the menu. That is very unusual for a dinner special. My wife chose veal piccata and I chose prime rib marinated in chianti. Both were delicious.


For dessert, there was tiramisu. With the special, there is only one piece of tiramisu for two diners. It was very tasty.


The bottle of red wine served with the dinner was Peltico Rosso Salento made from Primitivo grapes and produced in the Puglia region of Italy. It was very nice.


The owners, Vittorio and his son Achille, are from Puglia.

No comments:

Post a Comment