Saturday, April 1, 2017

Veronica Fish and Oyster - Very Nice

My wife and I recently enjoyed a delightful dinner at Veronica Fish and Oyster (http://veronicafishandoyster.com/) on Hillview near Morton's market in Sarasota. Our original intention was to dine at a restaurant in Siesta Village. Big mistake! That place was mobbed.

My wife had the Shrimp  & Grits & Scallops with wine & garlic butter and bacon and roasted oyster mushrooms for $32. 

I had the Bouillabaisse, a Monday night special. It had sea bass, Key West pink shrimp, mussels, clams, blue crab, and Yukon gold potatoes. It came with three slices of toast for dipping in the broth. As the waiter told us in advance, there was less broth than in a typical bouillabaisse. The cost was $36. 

Both of our main dishes were terrific.

We also ordered the house-made potato rolls with bottarga (mullet roe) butter for $3. The rolls were incredible.

My wife had a glass of sangria for $8. She did not care for it.

I had a very nice Laetitia Ducroux Sancerre for $13 per glass. I thought it went perfectly with the bouillabaisse.

One interesting looking item on the menu is a "Porchetta Board," which our server said includes porchetta, chicken liver pâté, smoked duck pastrami, and smoked fish. I intend to return to try it. Hopefully, the porchetta will resemble the authentic Italian version, which we love.

Our server, Dillon, was very professional and pleasant.

The atmosphere was very nice and there were outdoor tables with heaters.


No comments:

Post a Comment