Saturday, January 28, 2017

A Delightful Birthday Dinner at P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's and Selva Grill were our daughter's top choices as restaurants for a dinner to celebrate her birthday. We opted for P.F. Chang's (https://www.pfchangs.com/info/menu) because we've enjoyed Selva Grill a number of times, but had never tried P.F. Chang's. It was a great choice. The meal was delicious.

Our daughter's main course was Orange Peel Shrimp ($17.50), my wife chose Mongolian Beef ($16.95) and I selected Wok-Fired Filet Mignon ($19.95). All three were excellent.

The side of white rice I was served was blah.

Our daughter's dessert was the small Strawberry Ginger Shortcake ($3.95). My wife had Banana Spring Rolls ($7.25), and I had the small Seasonal Cobbler ($3.95). which was mixed berry and which was served with vanilla ice cream. I had been considering skipping dessert because I felt very full. I'm glad I was too weak to resist the temptation. The cobbler was outstanding, and the other desserts were also delicious.The Banana Spring Rolls were complimentary for a birthday treat. 

For drinks, our daughter had Spiked Lemon Tea ($9.50) and a Mai Tai ($9.50), my wife had Mai Tais, and I had a large glass of 2014 Bodega Pillaboa Rias Baixas AlbariƱo, a semi-sweet Spanish white wine from Rias Baixas, Galicia ($12). The drinks were all very nice

Michael, our server, was good-humored and professional.

It was a great way to celebrate a great daughter's birthday.

I would strongly recommend reservations because the large dining area was full. I made reservations in mid-afternoon, and no table were available between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment