Friday, October 2, 2015

Publix Fresh Bratwurst - Delicious!

The topic of my weekly lesson with my German tutor this week was German food and dining. During the discussion, she mentioned that she and her husband, who is an accomplished German chef, consider Publix fresh bratwurst to be the best in the Sarasota area. They even prefer it to the bratwurst of Geiers Sausage Kitchen, which she and her husband prefer for most German food. She added that it was Publix regular fresh bratwurst, not the beer brats,

Consequently, I decided we had to give it a try - just so that I could properly study German culture and not because of my craze for sausage of all kinds :)

We had it for dinner last night and it was fantastic! I had it on excellent Publix rolls and topped it with Inglehoffer Stone Ground Mustard. I cooked it in a stovetop skillet, following the simple Publix instructions on the package.

The side dish I served was a combination of sauerkraut, apples, and raisins, whose recipe I will post separately.

This morning, I mixed the leftover sausage with scrambled eggs. That was wonderful as well.

Dankeschön liebe Tutorin,


No comments:

Post a Comment