Friday, May 3, 2013

Terrific, Eay Lamb Chops - Thanks Giada

My first attempt at lamb chops had one major shortcoming - I didn't make enough. I did my usual Google search for good recipes and came across this wonderful foodnetwork.com offering from Giada de Laurentiis. It was really easy and tasted great. The cooking time is only a few minutes, but it takes an hour to marinate and another 20 minutes to come to room temperature. The marinade is extremely easy to make. This dish is high on my list to make again (and again and again). I found the recipe at http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/grilled-lamb-chops-recipe/index.html

I prepared the recipe for two of us. The package of lamb chops I bought at Publix had five chops. Next time, I'll get two packages (and double the amount of marinade to accommodate the extra chops).

Ingredients

- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary (had this in our yard)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- pinch cayenne pepper
- coarse sea salt (to taste - I used about a tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 lamb chops about 3/4 inch thick

Directions
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, and salt. Pulse until combined.
- Pour in the olive oil and pulse into a paste. Rub the paste on both sides of the lamb chops and let them marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Remove the lamb chops from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature. It will take about 20 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat until smoking. Add the chops and sear for about 2 minutes.
- Flip the chops and cook for another 3 minutes for medium rare and 3 1/2 minutes for medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment