Friday, May 3, 2013

Grilled Portabella Mushrooms - Another Nice and Easy Side

I needed a nice and easy side to go with the lamb chops I made tonight. I felt like something with portabella mushrooms. I came up with this winner at allrecipes.com (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-portobello-mushrooms/). It was a perfect accompaniment for the lamb chops. The recipe called for large portabellas, but Publix did not have them, so I used baby portabellas, that were actually more like medium in size. There were about 10 of these instead of the three large ones called for in the recipe. That worked out fine for the two of us. (Well, sort of. I could have eaten them all.) This one takes only a couple of minutes to prep and 10 minutes to cook. However, it has to marinate for an hour.

Ingredients

3 portabella mushrooms
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons chopped onion
4 cloves of garlic, minced
5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Directions
- Clean mushrooms and removes stems. (The recipe says to reserve these for other use. I tossed them.)
- Place caps on a plate with the gills up
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, onion, garlic, and vinegar. Pour mixture evenly over the mushroom caps and let them stand for 1 hour.
- Grill over hot grill for 10 minutes. (I used a sauté pan because I was using the our grill pan for the lamb chops. The mushrooms cooked over the high heat left a coating that I had to scrub a bit to remove.)
- Serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment