Saturday, November 24, 2012

Dry Dock Waterfront Grill, Sarasota - A Nice Lunch

A friend and I recently set out to have lunch at the Old Salty Dog on City Island in Sarasota. However, when we got there, it was packed. So, we decided to try the Dry Dock Waterfront Grill (http://www.drydockwaterfrontgrill.com) on Longboat Key. It was a good choice.

The Dry Dock is located on Sarasota Bay. It has both indoor and outdoor dining. We decided to eat inside. We were seated at a window-side table with a nice view of the waterfront.

The Dry Dock has an extensive luncheon menu (http://www.drydockwaterfrontgrill.com/lunch.html). I immediately spotted one of my favorite sandwiches - lobster rolls, which I ordered. The dish comes with two lobster rolls, which are packed with lobster mixed with light mayo, chopped celery, green onions, lettuce and tomato, and served on a toasted, buttered, New England frankfurter roll for $18.95. The dish comes with a side of either cole slaw or french fries. I chose the slaw. Both the lobster rolls and the slaw were excellent. I think I would prefer some other type of roll for the lobster rolls, but that's a matter of personal preference. What's really important is the lobster filling. When I mentioned to our waitress that I would prefer the lobster rolls on some other type of roll, she mentioned they could probably do that for me next time.

Until I tasted these lobster rolls, my favorites had been at Sharky's on the Pier in Venice. I now have a new favorite.

My drink was a glass of Sensual Malbec from Argentina for $7. It was tasty, and the serving size was nice.

My friend, who had lived in the UK, had fish and chips. He said the fish and chips were delicious, but not as good as the excellent British version.

Our server, Nicole, was very professional.

I look forward to returning to the Dry Dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment