Monday, April 11, 2011

Square One - Good Burgers

Last Saturday evening, seven of us had a nice family dinner at Square One Burgers & Bar not far from Lakewood Ranch. The menu had a great assortment of Angus burgers, as well as bison and ostrich burgers, aw well as pulled pork, "chicken burgers," sliders, salads, desserts, etc.

My wife had the Angus All-American burger for $6.99 and I had the Three-Mushroom burger with sautéed porcini, portabella, and garden mushrooms and a Sooner sauce for $9.99. My burger was one of the tastiest I have ever eaten. My wife's sweet potato fries and my regular fries were very tasty. My caramelized apple crisp dessert was also delicious.

The sandwiches all come with a side. Some sides, such as the sweet potato fries, cost a bit extra.

Our service was very good.

For the address, menu, etc. visit the web site at http://www.square1burgers.com/index.html

The restaurant is one of a small chain of three restaurants in Sarasota and Tampa. It has an Oklahoma influence on the menu and with its decor of Modern Cowboy Something or Other. Although it only opened recently, it seems to be doing very well. I had previously eaten at the Sarasota store across from Sarasota Memorial Hospital. My burger there was tasty, but not as good as this one. I'll definitely return.

No comments:

Post a Comment