Friday, April 29, 2011

Franklin's Restaurant, Brewery, & General Store - A Maryland Treat

Tuesday of this week, I had a very pleasant & tasty dinner with friend & respected colleague, V.M. At her suggestion (actually, her nephew's suggestion), we ate at Franklin's Restaurant, Brewery, & General Store (http://www.franklinsbrewery.com/) in Hyattsville, Md.

Although I prefer wine, I felt I couldn't pass up the brew produced at Franklin. I tried the Sierra Madre West Coast-style pale ale hopped with Cascade hops with citrus aroma for $4.50. Just to be sure that I loved it, I had two of them. The second one confirmed my initial judgement.

I started my dinner with an "appetizer." It was described as "Nickel Curves." There were three lamb merguez burger sliders topped with tzatziki sauce for $8.50. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was tempted to order more.

My next course was a healthy one (contrary to my normal instincts) - a salad of asparagus, beets, hard-boiled eggs, greens, and Cherry Glen goat cheese topped with red wine vinaigrette for $9. It was very tasty.

For dessert, we shared a huge and tasty caramel bread pudding for $6.

The clientele was generally young - probably many drawn from the nearby College Park campus of the University of Maryland.

They also have a general store, which I did not check out.

The address is 5121 Baltimore Ave, Hyattsville. Phone 301-927-2740.

I recommend it. I plan to go back for the Nickel Curves.

No comments:

Post a Comment