Friday, April 29, 2011

Hunan Manor - A Chinese Taste Treat

On Wednesday night, I had dinner in Columbia, MD with J.Y., one of my favorite former colleagues. Since I have not found a Chinese restaurant I like in the Sarasota-Bradenton area, I suggested that we dine at Hunan Manor (http://hunanmanorrestaurant.com/), a Chinese restaurant I have enjoyed in Coumbia, MD when we lived in the area. I was very happy to see that the food there is as delicious as ever.

I know nothing about authentic Chinese food. However, I have always seen a number of orientals dining there. This visit was no exception.

In addition to the menu which has many of the Americanized Chinese dishes found in most U.S. restaurants, there is also a section of the menu entitled "Authentic Chinese Menu."

We shared an order of two spring rolls and two entrees. The entrees were:
1. Beef, chicken, shrimp, and vegetables over pan-fried noodles. It was great!
2. Salt and Jalapeño Pepper Shrimp, Calamari, and Scallops. This was listed as a hot dish, but I asked the waiter if it could be made mild. It was. The seafood was lightly breaded. It was fantastic. The latter dish came from the "Authentic Chinese Menu."

Although I should probably have chosen a white wine, I selected a MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir. As usual, this wine was very nice.

The atmosphere is more upscale than most Chinese restaurants, and the service was excellent. Dinner for the two of us came to $81, including wine and the taxes, but before tip.

Hunan Manor currently has three restaurants, all located between Washington, DC and Baltimore. The one where we dined is located at 7091 Deepage Drive, Columbia, MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment