Saturday, October 14, 2017

Schnitzel Kitchen - A German Feast

Eating delicious food in a warm, friendly atmosphere with wonderful friends - it doesn't get any better than that. Our experience last night at Schnitzel Kitchen (http://www.schnitzelkitchen.com/) was one of those special experiences.

While I'm not an expert on German food, I know what I like, and I loved every bite of food and sip of beer at Schnitzel Kitchen. Five of the six friends whom we joined have lived in Germany - one couple for over eight years. They had nothing but the highest praise for their meals. On top of that, our waitress was fantastic.

My wife had bratwurst with red cabbage and a potato pancake for $14.75 + $3.25 for the potato pancake, Riesling wine for $8 per glass, and plum cake for $8.50. The plum cake is a house specialty.

I had wiener schnitzel topped with jäger sauce with sides of red cabbage and potato pancake for $22.75 + $3.25 for the potato pancake, Weihenstephan draft lager for $7 per large stein, and plum cake. I normally drink wine, but one of our friends recommended the beer. It's one of the tastiest beers I've ever had - smooth, flavorful, and far too easy to drink. There were many great German side dishes too choose from, but the red cabbage was so good, it will be hard to resist it next time.

On top of all the other great aspects of the evening, I had the opportunity to speak a few words of German with our waitress.

Schnitzel Kitchen, which is located in the Gulf Gate area of Sarasota, is open Tues-Sat 4:30 - 9:00 pm. I strongly recommend making reservations. The restaurant was full last night.

We will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment