Monday, October 9, 2017

Sauté Sea Scallops - Super Easy

I recently decided to try to sauté sea scallops. I couldn't believe how easy it was. It took about 5 minutes and worked beautifully. I served them with risotto. I found the recipe on http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-scallops-on-the-stovetop-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-203516.

I did two things differently. I used only one pound of sea scallops and I used a non-stick skillet instead of a stainless steel skillet. I recommend reading the original article which is much more detailed.

Ingredients
- 1 pound of sea scallops
- 1 tbsp of butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Remove side muscle from each scallop. It's a small tab that's tougher than the scallop. It pulls off very easily. (They're not harmful to eat.)

2. Pat scallops dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper.

3. Heat olive oil or butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Skillet is ready when a few drops of water evaporate on contact.

4. Cook scallops one side for two minutes.

5. Flip scallops with tongs or spatula and cook on other side for two-three minutes. Scallops are ready when golden brown on both sides and opaque all the way through.

6. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment