Saturday, August 27, 2016

Easy Pork Tenderloin with Seasoned Rub

I love pork tenderloin because there are so many delicious and easy recipes used with this cut. I found this wonderful recipe on foodnetwork.com (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/pork-tenderloin-with-seasoned-rub-recipe.html). I can understand why this Ellie Krieger recipe has several hundred five-star reviews.

Since the spice mixture used to create the rub produced more rub than I needed, I later used the leftover rub on boneless pork chops, with equally tasty results.

Ingredients

1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp dried thyme
salt (I used 1 tsp)
1 & 1/4 pound pork tenderloin
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450° F.

2. Make the rub by mixing the dry seasonings in a bowl with a fork until they are well combined. Sprinkle the rub over the tenderloin. Then gently rub the seasonings over the entire surface of the tenderloin, so that the seasoning adheres well to the tenderloin.

3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté, stirring for 1 minute. Put the tenderloin in the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, searing each side, using tongs to turn the meat.

4. Transfer the meat to a roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes. Slice and serve.

(As I do with most recipes involving a large piece of pork or beef, I brought the tenderloin to room temperature by leaving it out for 30 minutes. Then I applied the rub. After cooking, a let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment