Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Orange-Glazed Carrots - Another Super-Easy Carrot Recipe

It seems there is no end of very easy and delicious carrot recipes. I found this one on All Recipes (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24773/orange-glazed-carrots/). I made a couple of changes, which I've noted in parens.

Ingredients

- 1 pound carrots (I used half a pound because if was for just two of us & I used baby carrots to avoid peeling and cutting.)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (I used 2 tbsp)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pinch of salt

Directions

Place carrots in a shallow saucepan and cover with water. Boil until tender. (This took about 9 minutes.)

Drain and return carrots to pan.

Pour orange juice over carrots and mix well. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes.

Stir in brown sugar, butter, and salt. Heat until butter and sugar melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment