Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Fantastic Avocado, Tomato, & Mango Salsa

I discovered a terrific salsa which I served to friends the other night. When I found it at allrecipes.com (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/avocado-tomato-and-mango-salsa/), I was impressed by the nearly 700 superb reviews. It clearly deserves those plaudits.

The recipe is easy to make, but does require a  bit of slicing and dicing. The recipe is supposed to serve 6. I doubled it because there were 10 of us. It quickly disappeared even though I had very little of it because I was busy cooking. We served it with tortilla chips.

Below is the recipe for 6

Ingredients

- 1 mango - peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil

Directions
- In a medium bowl, combine the mango, avocado, tomatoed, jalapeño, cilantro, and garlic. Stir in the salt, lime juice, red onion, and olive oil. To blend the flavors, refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment