Friday, July 27, 2012

Florence's Trattoria Le Mossacce, Ordinary Food, Reasonable Prices

Our first meal during our trip to Italy this month was at Trattoria Le Mossacce, Via del Proconsolo 55/R, in Florence. Most of our meal was very ordinary. However, Spezzatino alla Fiorentina, the only Tuscan dish any of us chose, was terrific. Prices at Le Mossacce were very reasonable.

Meals we had elsewhere in Florence were much better, so I would not recommend Le Mossacce.

The night we were there, all of the diners were foreign tourists - primarily Americans and Asians. The restaurant was completely full.

My daughter and granddaughter each had ravioli stuffed with spinach and ricotta for 6. My grandson had rigatoni with meat ragu for 6.50.

I started with tagliatelle with meat ragu for 6.50. I then had the Spezzatino alla Fiorentina (Florentine-Style Spezzatino). Spezzatino is a beef stew. Every bite was fantastic. (I did not notice any vegetables in stew.)

My daughter and I shared a bottle of 2008 La Braccesca Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, from the Tuscan town of Montepulciano, for 22. It was very nice.

Small bottles of mineral water were 1.30, and the cover charge for small baskets of bread was 1.50.

Service was acceptable and the atmosphere unexciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment