Sunday, July 22, 2012

Transportation between Florence's Peretola Airport and Downtown Florence

There are a variety of ways to travel the relatively short distance between Florence (Firenze), Italy's Peretola Airport and downtown Florence. (The airport is also known as Amerigo Vespucci Airport, and is fairly small.)

The Vola in Bus shuttle goes from the airport to Santa Maria Novella Train Station, which is located a few blocks from the historic center of town. Bus tickets are 4.50 per person and can be purchased on board the bus. However, you would still have to get from the train station to your hotel.

A taxi to the center of Florence would cost about 15. (Make sure to use a taxi with a meter or to negotiate a price.) If I were only with my wife or on my own, I would us a taxi.

On our trip earlier this month, I chose to use a private van operated by Metroline Tours and Transfers (http://www.metroline.it) at a cost of 50. I chose that approach because there were four of us with lots of luggage. We would have needed two taxis. It was nice to have a driver waiting for us to take us to our hotel immediately. The cost was 50. I made reservations in advance via email (info@metroline.it) with Alessandro Ramalli of Metroline. I was very happy with the service.

Metroline provides other services such as tours in Tuscany.




No comments:

Post a Comment