Sunday, June 17, 2012

Paris Bistrot at LWR - Delicious as Always

Last night, we enjoyed an excellent meal with good friends at Paris Bistrot (http://www.bistrotfl.com/Island_Creperie_Paris_Bistrot_62_Bistrot/PARIS_BISTROT.html)
in Lakewood Ranch. As usual, every course was delicious. I have never been disappointed with their breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

At dinner, the main courses are part of a three-dish prix-fixe menu for $22.95. The three dishes comprise a starter, a main dish, and a side dish.There are also separate salads, and appetizers. The menu is available at  http://www.bistrotfl.com/Island_Creperie_Paris_Bistrot_62_Bistrot/Dinner_MENU.html 

For our first course, my wife and I both had home made country pâté (pâté de campagne), served with cornichons.

For her main course, my wife chose Chicken Normande - breast of chicken flambéed in Cognac with mushrooms and a white sauce.

I had Beef Bourguignon.

For a side dish, I chose potatoes dauphinois. The other two side choices were rice, or vegetables.

For dessert, my wife had Marmalade Crêpe for $5. I had Crêpe Normandie - Crêpe flambéed in Cognac and filled with pears for $7.20.

For our wine, I chose a Saint Cosme Côtes du Rhône for $31. This is always a reliable choice.

Paris Bistrot has a very nice atmosphere. The owners have two other restaurants - Island Creperie in Bradenton Beach and '62 Bistrot on Hillview St. in Sarasota.

"Bistrot" is an alternative spelling of "Bistro." This type of restaurant originated in Paris and typically served moderately priced, simple meals. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bistro)

No comments:

Post a Comment