Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Celebrating at the Beachhouse

Last Saturday, my sister, my wife, and I went to lunch at the Beachhouse Restaurant (http://beachhouse.groupersandwich.com/) on Anna Maria Island to celebrate my sister's entry into Medicare. The weather was perfect and the food was delicious. The Beachhouse has both indoor and outdoor seating. We chose an outdoor table with a beautiful view of the Gulf of Mexico. Life doesn't get any better.

The ladies both started with something exotic like diet Cokes. I had the obligatory Mai Tai which I feel compelled to order so that I can feel "tropical." This Mai Tai was perfect.

My sister had the Beachhouse Trio - a scoop each of Crab Pasta, Lobster Salad, and Chicken Salad served with fruit for $12.99. She enjoyed the dish.

My wife and I both had lobster roll sandwiches - lobster, shrimp, and blue crab blended with diced celery, scallions, and mayonnaise on a hoagie for $12.99. The sandwiches were very tasty, but not quite as good as the lobster roll sandwiches at Sharkey's on the Pier in Venice because the latter have more lobster.

Before my sandwich, I had a delicious cup of clam chowder for $3.99.

The ladies shared a piece of key lime pie for dessert for $4.50. They loved it.

It wouldn't be my sister if she didn't have a discount of some type. She had her Entertainment card which entitled us to one free entree.

The Beachhouse and two other restaurants - the Sandbar on Anna Maria and Mar Vista on Longboat Key - are owned by Ed Chiles, son of former Florida Senator and Governor, Lawton Chiles.

The Beachhouse is located at 200 Gulf Drive North in Bradenton Beach, just south of the intersection with Cortez Rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment