Thursday, October 13, 2011

Breakfast at Sears Fine Food, San Francisco

This morning, my wife and I had breakfast at Sears Fine Food (http://www.searsfinefood.com/), which is located at 439 Powell St., about a block and a half from our hotel. I chose this restaurant because of many excellent reviews on Yelp.com.
The restaurant, which was founded in 1938, has an extensive breakfast menu. Breakfast is served until 3 pm, and overlaps with lunch service, which begins at 11 am.

The restaurant, which is very large, was almost full. Fortunately, we were seated right away.

Linda started with a regular coffee for $2.45. She found it very flavorful. I had a double mocha for $4.70. It was rich and delicious.

Linda had scrambled eggs with hash browns and sourdough toast for $8.95. The dish was tasty. She also had a large glass of orange juice for $4.25. She would rather have had a small glass, but only large glasses were on the menu.

My meal was fantastic. I had the restaurant's famous Swedish pancackes - a plate of 18 small, thin pancakes for $9.95. I added lingonberries to put on top for $2.25. I had a side of country sausage for $3.50. I loved the pancakes and sausage.

Even though the restaurant was crowded, the service was efficient and friendly.

The total for our breakfast came to $39.11 - more then we would have paid at home, but then this is downtown San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment