Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wine Database

On my mobile phone (HTC Tilt 2), I keep a wine database of most of the wines I've tried since 2002. (I did have a catastrophic loss of about a year's worth of data in 2003.) I currently have 1,365 records of wines we've tried. I use the database to help me when I order wines in stores or restaurants.

I used the HanDbase mobile database software to create this database. (I've used this software to create other databases for my phone.) I originally used this software with Palm phones I previously used. I kept the same software and converted it to work with Windows Mobile with  my most recent phones.)

The fields in my database are:
- Name
- Type
- Origin (Country, Region/Province/State, Town)
- Grapes
- Vineyard
- Year
- Rating (My rating system)
- Vintage
- Store
- Price
- Date (when we had the wine)
- Negociant

No comments:

Post a Comment