Friday, December 9, 2011

Tasty Creole Potato Salad

Yesterday evening, I made shrimp etouffée for dinner and looked for a taste of Louisiana side to go with it. I chose a creole potato salad, and was very happy with the results. The recipe was very easy to prepare. The recipe I used was at:  http://www.grouprecipes.com/66081/creole-potato-salad.html  There is a similar recipe at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/down-home-with-the-neelys/creole-potato-salad-recipe/index.html

The version I used was:

Time 12 minutes
  • Serves 6

  • Ingredients

    • 4 large baking potatoes
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 cup mayonnaise
    • 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
    • 2 tablespoons Creole mustard or coarse-grained Dijon mustard
    • 1 small onion, chopped
    • 6 celery stalks, chopped
    • 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
    • 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
    • Garnish: celery leaves

    How to make it

    • Bring potato, salt, and water to cover to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and cook 7 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Combine mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients; stir in potato. Cover and chill. Garnish, if desired
    The version above forgot to include the step of dicing the potatoes before boiling.

    Also, it took me longer than 12 minutes to prepare because of the time it took me to slice & dive.

    The shrimp etoufée recipe, which I love, is described in my posting at http://viaggiviniecucine.blogspot.com/2011/07/mostly-cajun-country-dinner.html

    No comments:

    Post a Comment