Saturday, March 2, 2019

Turtles Restaurant, Sarasota Bay - It Doesn't Get Any Sweeter

What a fantastic experience - sitting outside chatting with wonderful friends at a shaded table, while looking out onto Little Sarasota Bay on a sunny day with temperatures in the mid-70's, and enjoying delicious food and drinks. That was our experience at Turtles Restaurant  (http://www.turtlesrestaurant.com/) on Siesta Key.

My food and wine were delicious. I started with a cup of their signature crab bisque for $4. It was really delicious and filled with crab.

My main dish was a tasty North Atlantic salmon BLT grilled with a dill sauce for $13. 

My drink was a nice White Haven Sauvignon Blanc for $8.50 per glass.

The hostess was very accommodating, the service excellent, and the prices reasonable.

Turtles does not take reservations and can be crowded. 

It is located at 8875 Midnight Pass Road.

My only regret is that I don't live closer.

1 comment:

  1. I was lucky enough to be there as well on a perfect day. Had the Crab and Shrimp Au Gratin which was filled with crab but just a few small pieces of shrimp. Still well cooked, topped with tasty cheeses and very good.

    ReplyDelete