Monday, February 18, 2019

Roasted Butternut Squash - Simple, Tasty Side

In looking for a way to use leftover butternut squash from a recent beef stew recipe that I made, I found this really easy, tasty recipe on allrecipes.com - https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/229733/simple-roasted-butternut-squash/. 

This recipe makes 1-2 servings. The addition of cinnamon is my idea. (The allrecipes recipe called for a whole butternut squash. Since I only had a part of a squash, I reduced the amount of olive oil and garlic by half.)

Ingredients
- 2/3 pound of peeled and seeded butternut squash cut into 1 inch chunks. The squash I had from Publix was already seeded.
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper, and cinnamon to taste

Directions
- Preheat oven to 400°   
- Mix squash, garlic, and olive oil in a bowl
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and cinnamon to taste
- Place squash in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Bake 25-30 minutes until squash is tender. (27 minutes did the trick for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment