Saturday, July 11, 2015

Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes - The easy sides continue

This evening, I searched for a recipe that combined tomatoes and asparagus. I found this simple, tasty one at food.com (http://www.food.com/recipe/garlic-roasted-asparagus-and-cherry-tomatoes-503313). 

I made a couple of adjustments to accommodate our needs. I used a whole tomato diced instead of cherry tomatoes, and I reduced the servings to two by adjusting the amount of asparagus. I also reduced the cooking time because the asparagus were thin. I prepared it in our toaster oven.

Ingredients

1/2 lb of asparagus, trimmed
1 tomato, diced
1 or 2 cloves of garlic, diced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400

2. Put asparagus and garlic in a bowl, and drizzle olive oil over them. Toss to make sure they're coated, then sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.

3. Place asparagus on a baking sheet in a single layer, with the garlic.

4. Place tomato on top of asparagus.

5. Roast for 17  to 25 minutes until asparagus is tender but firm. The thinner the asparagus, the less roasting time. Our thin spears were ready in 17 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment