Saturday, March 8, 2014

Maple-Glazed Ham Steak - Delicious, Fast, Easy

If you're looking for a delicious, fast, and easy ham steak recipe, chances are you'll like this 5-star recipe from Food.com (http://www.food.com/recipe/maple-glazed-ham-steak-113483). The side that I made to accompany it was carrots and pineapple, which I'll describe in my next posting.


It serves 3-4 and takes about 25 minutes.


Ingredients
- One (1 lb) ham steak. I actually used two small ham steaks from Publix.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I used the incredible Sauble River Farms maple syrup from Ontario.)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard


Directions
- Mix maple syrup, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl
- Brush one side of ham steak with mixture and place glazed-side down in skillet over medium heat.
- Brush top side of ham steak.
- Cook over medium heat, turning frequently, until cooked through and glaze has thickened.



No comments:

Post a Comment