Monday, December 30, 2013

Bob Evans Easy and Delicious Sausage Stuffing - The Sacrilegious Version

I love sausage stuffing. In a search for an easy and tasty version for Thanksgiving, I found this excellent one at http://www.bobevans.com/Recipe/63/Easy-Sausage-Stuffing. Since our local Publix does not carry Bob Evans sausage, I ended up using Jimmy Dean sausage. I liked the recipe so much that I made it again for Christmas dinner. 

For Thanksgiving, I served it with a white gravy. For Christmas, I served it without gravy. It was nice both ways, but since I love gravy, I prefer it that way.

This takes about an hour total to make, and makes 8 servings.

Ingredients
- 1 pound Bob Evans Savory Sage or Original Recipe Sausage Roll. (Both times, I used the Jimmy Dean sage flavored 1 pound roll.)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 14-ounce package of cubed stuffing. I used cubed stuffing flavored with herbs and seasoning.
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (I skipped this seasoning because the cubed stuffing was already seasoned.)
- 2&1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup melted butter

Directions

In a large skilled over medium heat, crumble sausage. Add onion and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally until sausage is brown.
Place cubed stuffing in a large bowl. Add sausage mixture. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Pour broth and butter over the top, and toss to combine.
Spoon mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and cover. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.

One of these days, I'll try this with Bob Evans sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment