Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spicy Tilapia - Tasty, Quick, & Easy

In my quest for quick, easy, and tasty dishes, I made this very nice, mildly spicy tilapia recipe last night. I found it at http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/seasoned-tilapia-fillets. While the recipe is for two fillets, I found that it worked fine for three fillets. I just added another tablespoon of butter.

The side dish I prepared was carrots with butter, ginger ale, & chili powder.

Total preparation time is about 30 minutes.

Ingredients

2 - 3 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon steak seasoning (I used Montreal Steak Seasoning)
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper (I used lemon pepper)
dash garlic powder

Directions

Place fillets in a greased baking dish.
Drizzle with butter.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over fillets.

Preheat oven to 425°.  Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
Uncover and bake 5-8 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (7 minutes worked perfectly for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment