Sunday, September 11, 2011

Always Tasty Thai at Bangkok, Sarasota

Last night, my wife, our grandchildren, and I had a Thai dinner at Bangkok restaurant in Sarasota. (http://bangkoksarasota.com/)

The food is always wonderful at Bangkok, and the atmosphere is very nice. Since it is very popular, I recommend reservations.

Everyone except me had one course. I also had soup.

The soup I chose was a cup of Tom Kha: two shrimp simmered in coconut broth with lime, straw mushrooms, mild yellow onions, sweet bell peppers, lemon grass, galanga root, scallions and magrut leaves. It was fantastic as always.

My grandaughter had her usual Bangkok entrée - Pad Thai Tofu: Thin rice noodles stir-fried with firm tofu, egg, fresh crisp bean sprouts, crushed roasted peanuts and green onions. She loved it. It was $10.49.

My grandson had chicken satay with steamded rice and two sauces for $6.49. He enjoyed it.

My wife really enjoyed her shrimp Pad Khing - Stiry fry flavored with sliced fresh ginger root, mild yellow onions and green onions, sweet red and green bell peppers, crisp carrots, and black mushrooms. It was $12.49.

I loved my Untouchable Fried Rice - Steamed Jasmine rice stir-fried with eggs, mild yellow onions and green onions, baby green peas, baby carrots, tomatoes and fresh basil leaves all tossed with a blend of Thai herbs and spices, topped with cool cucumber slices. It was $10.49.

Our wine was one we usually order at Bangkok because it goes well with Thai food - 2009 Neil Ellis South African Sauvignon Blanc for $26.

Address: 4791 Swift Road
Phone: 941-922-0703

No comments:

Post a Comment