Sunday, July 14, 2019

Hotel Residence Agnes, Prague - A New Favorite

Of the four very nice hotels where I stayed during my recent trip to Central Europe, my favorite was the Hotel Residence Agnes (https://residenceagnes.com/en/) in Prague. I chose all four on the basis of their great reviews. All were nicely situated, and had nice rooms and professional staff. What made the Hotel Residence Agnes special was its incredible staff. They were not only very professional, but they were friendly and helpful in a sincere, down-to-earth way. They welcomed guests with beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks. Guests were welcome to free drinks at any time.

The hotel also had a driver who would, at no charge, take guests to the train station, restaurants, etc. I If a guest makes a reservation directly with the hotel, rather than through an intermediary company, the hotel's driver will pick the guest up at the airport. (I wish I had known that.)

I first stayed at the hotel for five nights when I arrived in Prague at the start of my trip. At the end of the trip, I returned to Prague from Budapest for one evening before catching my flight home. The hotel driver met me at the train station. I was worried about getting to a jewelry store before it closed so I could buy a gift before returning home. The jewelry store was set to close in a few minutes. I phoned the hotel front desk and asked that they contact the store and request that it stay open. The front desk staffer went one step further and instructed the driver to take me directly to the jewelry store. She also phoned the jewelry store to tell them I would be arriving shortly.

The front desk also recommended two terrific restaurants - U Modré Kachničky (The Blue Duckling), which has incredible duck, and Hergetova Cihelna, which is situated on the river on the castle side of the city, and has not only delicious food, but great views.

The breakfasts were very nice, and the woman in charge of the breakfast was extremely helpful.

The owner, Frank, was very, very pleasant and laid back. When he asked me where I was from, I answered that I was from a place in Florida that he probably didn't know. When I mentioned it was Sarasota, he said that he had owned a house there - in Palmer Ranch. (He hadn't told me he was the hotel's owner. I guessed, and he confirmed it.)

The hotel is nicely situated in a quiet area that's only a short walk from the Old Town Square and the Jewish Quarter. There is also a large shopping center, the Palladium, nearby.

The nightly cost for my room, during the height of the tourist season, averaged $266, including breakfast. The room was comfortable, spacious, and clean. If I ever have the pleasure of returning to Prague, it is the only place I would consider staying.

The hotel is located at Haštalska 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment