Thursday, May 2, 2019

Paris Bistrot, Lakewood Ranch - A Long-Time Favorite

Paris Bistrot (https://www.parisbistrotlwr.com/on Lakewood Ranch Main St. is a long-time favorite. Not only does it offer authentic French bistro food in a pleasant atmosphere, and with excellent service, but it also provides me an opportunity to speak a few words of French. I usually eat there at least four times per year and am always very happy.

The other night, my sister, a special friend, and I shared a wonderful evening there.

The three of us chose the $28.90 "Chef's Menu" of one appetizer and one main dish. Everything we had was terrific.

The appetizer my sister and my friend chose was the Hot Brie Salad of Brie cheese on toast, with honey, lettuce, and tomatoes. I had the country paté, which I choose nearly every time I dine there.

Both ladies had the Pork Parmesan - pork tenderloin medallions in a puff pastry with a cream of parmesan cheese and shredded prosciutto.

I had Chicken Normande - diced chicken breast and mushrooms flambéed in Cognac with a cream sauce.

The Chef's Menu meals always include a vegetable plus a choice of rice or potatoes Dauphinois.

For dessert, my friend and I shared Crêpes Suzettes with orange marmelade and flambéed with Grand Marnier for $8.90.

I finished my meal with a cup of espresso.

I chose the wine I almost always have there - a St. Cosme Cotes-du-Rhone. It's always good and sells for $33 a bottle. This was a 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment