Monday, February 2, 2015

Sauteed Green Beans - Tasty & Super Easy

It never ceases to amaze me how many very easy delicious dishes there are. I recently used this tasteofhome.com (http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sauteed-green-beans) sauteed green beans recipe as a side dish for a New York Strip Steak. The two dishes paired very well, and with the Chateau de la Huste Bordeaux Fronsac I served.

The only change I made was to use fresh green beans instead of frozen.

Ingredients

- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed. I used fresh green beans, which I trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes

Directions

In a large skillet, sautée beans in butter for 4-5 minutes.

Add the onion and seasonings. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through.

While this is supposed to yield 4 servings, it was so good, the two of us finished it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment