Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Chinese Food Fix in Columbia, MD

On a recent trip to MD, I decided to try to get a Chinese food fix - because we haven't found a good Chinese restaurant near where we live in Florida. With a little Googling, I came up with the Red Pearl Restaurant in Columbia, MD.

My friend M.C. met we there, and we had a very nice meal. He had Mongolian Beef for $11.95, Hot & Sour Soup for $2.95, and a large can of Sapporo beer for $8. He said that the Mongoligan Beef was delicious and compared very favorably to a Chinese restaurant he enjoys near his home. In fact, he thought the beef at Red Pearl was of higher quality.

I had two mouth-watering vegetable spring rolls for $3.25, and a delicious dish called Hunan Delight for $17.95. The dish had jumbo shrimp, scallops, chicken, beef, baby corn, mushrooms, broccoli, and pea pods in a Hunan sauce. Since the Hunan sauce was described as spicy and I wasn't sure how spicy it was, I ordered it mild. It was very nice. I also had a riesling wine called "Relax" for $7 for a very generous glass.

The menu was extensive and included Sechuanese, Hunanese, and Cantonese dishes. In addition to the dishes one finds on menus catering to Americans not of Chinese origin, there were a number which seemed intended for a Chinese clientele, including duck tongue, jelly fish with "Chef Special Sauce," Beef Tendon & Tripe with Spicy Sauce, and Sliced Boneless Pig Feet.

The restaurant also offers dim sum dishes during the afternoon, and I have read rave reviews about them.

The atmosphere was very pleasant and the hostess was very attentive.

The restaurant is located lakeside in Columbia at 10215 Wincopin Circle, 410-715-6530.

1 comment:

  1. I truly appreciate how you’ve worded your material in this article. I am very impressed with this information and you’ve managed to keep it interesting.

    My Page : New American Cuisine

    ReplyDelete